Visual Culture

Connect, Create, Inspire

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dining With Dexter

“This past summer, as part of a month long, groundbreaking print and television partnership, a celebrated group of designers transformed a beautiful Gramercy Park townhouse into a luxurious beacon of modernism inspired by the top six original hit series from Showtime.”

Visual Culture asks: Since when did the remnants of a sociopathic serial killer constitute a “luxurious beacon of modernism?” The following Dexter inspired dining room and kitchen were designed by Amy Lau and Johnny Grey, respectively. Believe it or not, all these items, and more, are available for purchase – for an arm and leg (no pun intended).

Blood Splattered Chairs: These babies are offered at ‘bargain’ prices. Only $2500 for the side chairs and $5000 for the arm chairs, the best part is, they come complete with permanent stains!

Fingerprint glasses by Thomas Fuchs: Only $137.50 each
These aren’t too bad, could pass for Halloween decor.

Dismembered flatware (classic, modern or antique) by Steve Butcher. $400-500 a place setting for useless flatware. Need we say more?

Fingerprint plates by KleinReid: $250.00 each
We could live with these. Still not worth the $250 price tag.

Dinner Plates By Nadeige Choplet: A steal at $60 for dessert plates, and $75 for dinner plates sprinkled with blood and gore. Bon Appetite…

posted by Oberholtzer Creative Staff at 8:20 am

9 Comments »

1. Just right points?I might notice that as someone who truly doesn’t write on blogs so much (actually, this may be my first publish), I don’t assume the term ‘lurker’ may be very changing into to a non-posting reader. It’s no longer your fault in the least , but perhaps the blogosphere may just get a hold of a greater, non-creepy identify for the ninety% folks that revel in reading the content .

Comment by اغاني — January 14, 2011 @ 11:17 am

2. This is so great that I had to comment. I’m usually just a lurker, taking in knowledge and nodding my head in quiet approval at the good stuff…..this required written props. Theory rocks…thanks.

Comment by Dumpster Rental Scappoose — January 14, 2011 @ 2:16 pm

3. Finally, got what I was looking for!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. Glad I stumbled into this post! smile I have you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff you article.

Comment by really bad credit loans — January 14, 2011 @ 3:02 pm

4. hello anyone, I was just checkin’ out this site and I really love the foundation of the article, and have nothing to do, so if anyone would like to to have an engrossing discussion about it, please contact me on skype, my name is kim smith

Comment by street fighter — January 14, 2011 @ 4:24 pm

5. Interesting article. Were did you got all the information from?

Comment by Kasyno Gry Hazardowe — January 14, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

6. Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

Comment by Free Gift Cards — January 14, 2011 @ 5:54 pm

7. Do theonly drive, worsen machinery, or do does celexa cause frequent urination yetaand that could supplant counterfeit until you diphenoxylate how you premedicate to quinidine gluconate controlled-release tablets.

Comment by pharmacy plan — January 14, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

8. Hey who hosts your blog? I’ve noticed the past few weeks it really loads like crap for me, I’ll keep coming here no matter what because your posts are awesome, but man…I hate the slow speeds recently…

Comment by AceProject.com — January 14, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

9. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Youve got a design here thats not too flashy, but makes a statement as big as what youre saying. Great job, indeed

Comment by plates topu hareketleri — January 14, 2011 @ 9:28 pm